2014 PSC PHOTO CONTEST
UPDATE: SUBMISSIONS EXTENDED Through 10/18/2014
VOTING now from 10/20/2014 through 10/29/2014
ENTRIES may now be emailed as outlined in Rule #1 below
A. Paddling: Depicting an actual "paddling scene" or one closely related (swimmer / rescue / portage/ clean-up). Taken during a 2014 PSC trip with at least one trip participant (or his or her boat or equipment) in the picture.
B. Paddling Portrait: A PSC trip participant shown prominently during a paddling related activity. (Others may be shown as well).
C. PSC trip, not paddling: Gorgeous sunsets or sunrises, boats on the beach, or people playing in the water, a campfire, a romantic setting, etc.
D. Flora / Fauna / Scenic Outdoors taken during a PSC trip: That great shot that does not show a single paddler or boat or camp, but well-composed and inspiring.
E. Miscellaneous paddling related: A great paddling-related shot from a non-PSC trip. Need to show how you store way too many boats in your garage? If the picture is from 2014, paddling related and not fitting in any of the other categories, here is where it goes.
1. Entered images must have been taken during the 2014 season by the submitting PSC member and are to be submitted by 10/18/2014 in ".jpg" format via email attachment to:
. In your email describe which category each picture is submitted.
2. By 10/20/2014 all valid entries will be displayed with unique identifier numbers on the PSC web-site. Voting will be open to all PSC members during the 10-day judging period from 10/20/2014 to 10/29/2014.
3. Every PSC member may enter up to 5 pictures. Up to 3 pictures may be entered per contest category, but not more than 5 total.
4. Five Category Winners and one Grand Prize Winner will be announced during the annual meeting. The entry with the most overall votes will be the grand prize winner. The runner up of the category from which the Grand Prize Winner originates will be the Category Winner of that category. Winning entries will be featured in the calendar and prominently displayed on the PSC Web site.
5. Rights to the Images: With the act of submitting an entry, entrants agree that Prairie State Canoeists (PSC) has the right to use the entries for the purpose of promoting the Club, its mission and activities. Contest entrants relinquish exclusive rights to their entries but retain the right to use their pictures in any way they desire (the PSC does not claim exclusive rights).
All PSC members are invited to vote for the winners in various categories Expect another E-Blast around 10/20/2014 announcing the opening of the voting period as well as providing more detail on how to vote.